Built in 1941, Connecticut Farms is a beautiful building featuring federal style colonial architecture with a magnificent entrance. The school is located across from historical Connecticut Farms Church, also on Stuyvesant Avenue. The school houses one of the finest theaters in the township with excellent acoustics, lighting and a beautiful fretted relief ceiling. Many community theatre and musical organizations host concerts and other events in this wonderful hall.
Education at Connecticut Farms School is designed to meet the needs of each individual student in grades prekindergarten through grade four. The dedicated staff strives to guide every child to meet his or her potential. We currently enroll 462 students.
We concur with Abigail Adams (1744-1818) who said, "Learning is not attained by chance. It must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence." We endeavor to prepare our students for challenges facing them now, and in their futures. Our educational goals include:
- fostering pride in work and a feeling of self-worth, self-reliance and self-discipline
- preparing students for a happy and productive life, not simply to earn a living
- teaching students how to learn
- nurturing students in a safe, clean, interesting, intriguing, stimulating and pleasant environment
- motivating students to want to learn for the rest of their lives